The Benefits of Combining Cognitive Systems With Automation
Cognitive is a new paradigm. The true promise of this technology lies in its ability to augment human intelligence, not replace it. It can empower faster and more informed decisions, find patterns in big data and learn from every interaction using advanced algorithms to sense, predict and infer information. Cognitive systems create a symbiotic relationship between man and machine to help power the processes, systems, products and services that run business and society.
The Benefits of Cognitive Technology
Cognitive capabilities with automation can enable your infrastructure to think and run itself, faultlessly manage complexity and provide always-on availability. By investing in cognitive technology, you can achieve:
- Unparalleled service quality through smart insights and reduced downtime.
- Optimized operating costs with capabilities such as autonomous governance.
- Pervasive security with capabilities like risk-based continuous patching and compliance.
- Increased business agility and innovation with self-service and automated provisioning.
Automation Powers Cognitive Systems
Combining cognitive with automation equips businesses to design, build and run flawless infrastructure. Automation enables you to accelerate innovation and deliver unmatched performance by ingesting data from multiple sources, generating cognitive insights and automatically addressing incidents. The relationship between cognitive and automation is a game-changing development in the new era of cognitive systems.
The evolution of automation and analytics enables enterprises to:
- Identify event patterns and run diagnostics before executing automations to address the root cause of an issue.
- Extract the meaning of unstructured emails, tickets and chatbot conversations to direct automation — thus increasing the volume of use cases that can be addressed without human intervention.
- Use natural language discussion to formulate and collect information and offer faster, more intuitive access to answers.
- Provide curated knowledge on many subjects to ensure timely resolution with the best answers available.
Empowering Businesses to Serve Customers
By combining cognitive with analytics, IBM Cloud Automation Services empowered a client to:
- Decrease server downtime by 50 percent across the enterprise in the past two years.
- Automatically resolve more than 1,500 server tickets per month with reduced average ticket time.
- Reduce issues on critical incidents by more than 89 percent within six months.
- Decrease the amount of time needed to solve a Severity 1 issue from 19 hours to 28 minutes.
Automation, analytics and cognitive technology are changing the way IT environments are run. Autonomous IT operations can continually learn and drive optimization in a secure, managed and reliable way to leverage operational data and deliver actionable insights.