How the Managed Mobility Services Market Could Change Your Business
In a recently released report, Future Market Insights (FMI) forecasted “a healthy growth rate in the next five years” for the global managed mobility services (MMS) market.
MMS includes the management of smartphones, tablets and other mobility services that organizations use to carry out their day-to-day operations. MMS solutions and services provide companies with mobile service management, device and system management and sourcing and logistics management.
The growth of this market, according to FMI, is due in part to the fact that companies are finally understanding how this outsourcing can benefit them.
How Does the Managed Mobility Services Market Impact the Way Your Organization Does Business?
According to the “Managed Mobility Services Market by Solution – Global Forecast to 2019” report published by MarketsandMarkets (M&M), the MMS market is “at its growing stage and is expected to rise considerably due to the enhancement and innovation of technology in this sector.”
In the report, M&M described several factors contributing to the growth of the MMS market, including:
- The high adoption of advanced technologies in organizations;
- Increased demand for BYOD to allow employees to access business information through their personal devices from anywhere;
- A desire to access needed information immediately and without delay; and
- A desire to increase profitability and gain a competitive advantage by enhancing customer experiences and improving customer service through the use of mobile devices and applications.
The issue that many organizations are struggling with, however, is how to preserve privacy and protect sensitive information when it is being accessed through those mobile devices.
Keeping Productivity High and Costs Low
To address this issue, many companies are turning to MMS solutions and services to help them manage their BYOD programs without increasing operational costs.
The M&M report also found that the increased demand for managed services is leading MMS providers to develop solutions and provide them to companies through a third party. The proliferation of the cloud as a cost-effective deployment model has also encouraged providers to offer MMS solutions to large enterprises as well as SMBs.
So what advantages are there for organizations considering a managed mobility solution?
- It has an easier and more cost-effective implementation.
- There’s no need to increase internal IT staff, who are not only expensive, but hard to find.
- Organizations have access to regularly updated tech and security.
- Enterprises gain the ability to offload certain IT tasks to providers with more expertise.
- There’s more time to focus on core competencies rather than worrying about IT interruptions.
- Cost-effective, subscription-based models save money when compared to hefty upfront implementation costs.
- Internal IT staff are freed up from ongoing monitoring and security updates to focus on more important issues.
Navigating Today’s Mobile Workplace
Today’s leading companies are turning to managed services because of the advantages they offer over keeping everything in house. Even if your organization is wary of outsourcing functions, it’s important to remember that using a managed mobility services provider doesn’t require you to completely give up control of your IT assets. On the contrary, most MMS solutions are fully customizable — giving you control over which functions you will outsource versus those you will continue to handle in-house.